THESE ARE MY PERSONAL NOTES ON MY FIRST EBUILD.
THIS IS BY NO MEANS A USEFUL GUIDE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR TO ANYONE.
I’ll try to write an ebuild from scratch and document the progress here.
Ebuild from scratch: Part 3 : Links & Info
Links to useful pages …
- MultiMarkdown Homepage
- MultiMarkdown Installation:
A successful installation means the following commands are available: “multimarkdown, mmd, mmd2tex, mmd2opml, mmd2odf”
It also mentions “Advanced Instructions”, we’ll cover this later.
- MultiMarkdown Linux Installation:
2-3 steps for a Linux installation.
- MultiMarkdown sources on github.com:
git clone pulls these files.
Gentoo Development Guide
I use this guide a lot, this is a selection:
- Gentoo Development Guide : Master Index:
I’m far from understanding everything, so this is very important.
- Gentoo Development Guide : Quickstart Ebuild Guide:
Looked like Chinese but still somehow easy at first.
- Gentoo Development Guide : Ebuild Functions:
These functions are called when emerging a package.
- Gentoo Development Guide : Variables:
These are the variables used when processing an ebuild.
- Gentoo Development Guide : Install Functions Reference
I’ll need this later ….
“ebuild” is an executable programm, used to prepare an ebuild and to manually step through an installation process.
- Gentoo Developer Handbook : 6. The Ebuild Application
Basic usage of git is covered well all over the net.
- Gentoo Development Guide : GIT-2.ECLASS:
I use the git-2 eclass. As far as I know this describes what is available when git-2 is inherited in the ebuild.
Gentoo Developer Handbook
- Gentoo Developer Handbook:
Why there are 2 guides I don’t know, useful for cross-checking.
Package Manager Specification
For digging really deep: